Panda Loach in the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam180

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would really like to find some of these awesome looking loaches but haven't really seen them for sale here in the U.S. Anyone out there know where to find them?

a61470a1d78f61766f61c439cce90047.jpg

They had some in cape cod mass. When I was on vacation over the summer , I was looking for Panda Garra cats and noticed them ,pretty cool looking fish for sure. Never noticed them anywhere else.

Have you looked at live aquaria?

Most loaches are wild-caught and collected from the east. During certain seasons they are much easier or harder to collect. Typically the best time to find rare loaches is in late summer and fall which corresponds with the best time of year to catch them. You may find them much more available during that time of year.

Also, make sure you have a proper setup and also that you know what panda loach adults look like... they're not quite as striking.

Most loaches are wild-caught and collected from the east. During certain seasons they are much easier or harder to collect. Typically the best time to find rare loaches is in late summer and fall which corresponds with the best time of year to catch them. You may find them much more available during that time of year.

Also, make sure you have a proper setup and also that you know what panda loach adults look like... they're not quite as striking.

Yeah they do seem to lose a lot of their coloring as adults, similar to the kubotai. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll look into the Panda Garra instead, I've seen them around in a LFS.

Yeah they do seem to lose a lot of their coloring as adults, similar to the kubotai. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll look into the Panda Garra instead, I've seen them around in a LFS.

Still looking for panda Garra myself local. So far I have not found them but did see them over the summer while on vacation , it was a three hour trip home from where I saw them and almost brought them home but didn't if I had known I would have. Holding out and saving space for them , this hobby has thought me patience so I can deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom