Particles in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right below my filter for the most part. Normal?

Attachments

• image-2004955772.jpg
    image-2004955772.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 78
image-4103034803.jpg

This is the other side of the tank

image-2898791939.jpg

Surface

Attachments

• image-1307389333.jpg
    image-1307389333.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 61
They do, but they are literally particles. Some may be little bubbles, but a lot of them are tiny little particles and they've been there since I've ever set the tank up. Obviously I've cleaned the filter and done MANY water changes, but it's still happen. New filter cartridges maybe? Would that solve the problem?

If its air bubbles then raising the water level, so the filter does not make a waterfall, should help. If its tiny particles then adding filter floss to your filter should help.

Yeah my water is filled to the tippy top lol. Barely ANY room for water flow.

Filter floss... Okay. Now what is that and where do I buy it and how much is it? Lol

I got the picture off google. Thats what it looks like. It should be at any pet store that carries fish stuff. Im not sure how expensive it is but I heard you can get quilting fiber or something at walmart for much cheaper. If you search filter floss into this forums search you should be able to find out more.

Attachments

• image-4013165081.jpg
    image-4013165081.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 65
If you get the quilt batting from walmart be sure to research it. Theres certain things that arent aquarium safe. Im pretty sure it has to be 100% polyester, and cant be fire retardant. But dont take my word for it, im not completely sure.

Okay, thank you so much. I think I can take the research from here and see how to put it on and stuff. :) thanks so much for all of your help!

+1 to the filter floss.

You might look into upgrading to a different type of filter pad if it isn't pulling in the particulates like those. I use the cut to size filter pads from pet smart and they work wonders.

+1 to the filter floss.

You might look into upgrading to a different type of filter pad if it isn't pulling in the particulates like those. I use the cut to size filter pads from pet smart and they work wonders.

What do you mean you cut to size filter pads?

What do you mean you cut to size filter pads?

This is what I use. I found it at pet smart for about $8

242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom