PH controler problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
new ph controller not giving the right measurement. Even after vigorous and precession calibration with ph solution.

explanation:
After calibrating the prob in the the solution 2 times, I put the probe in the water and have a ph of 7.7 but in reality i suppose to have 7.3.

I get the ph 7.3 from testing with ph low, ph high and ph low high.

When i test the distilled water i get 6.7 and i should have a ph 7.

should i lower the probe of .4 from the front calibrator and add .3 from the back calibrator?

kh is 8
gh is 4

Did you clean all the salt off of the probe first? Was the probe tip dry when you removed the cap?

its not that new. but from what i remember it had a Vaseline type residue on it, nothing liquidize.

The probes don't last forever. When new there is a fluid in the cap and it can have some salt crystals in it too. If not new, and it dried out, then you can bring it back to life with a soak in Milwaukee's storage solution. If it was not stored in the storage solution it is probably ruined. It is not supposed to have a creamy or oily feel to it, more fluid like water. You may need a new probe, I think they are like 30$.

Just calibrate to seven, not four, and see what value it gives you.

ok i will get a new probe. Do you know where, and are they some better one, maybe more in the green color.

Back
Top Bottom