Phosphate in Fleet Enemas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at CVS today looking at the Fleet Enemas and wondering why some people use them for Phosphates when there isn't any Phosphate in a Fleet Enema, at least not the one's I picked up. I was looking at disposable and they contained mineral water and sodium but no phosphate, what am I missing here?

The sodium is in the form of sodium phosphate. I use a knock-off brand of Fleet enema for my tanks. I put 8 drops into my 30-gallon tank.

Cheryl

CherylR said:
The sodium is in the form of sodium phosphate. I use a knock-off brand of Fleet enema for my tanks. I put 8 drops into my 30-gallon tank.

Cheryl

Knock-off brand, does this mean the store brand? Instead of Fleet it would be CVS, and you're talking about disposable enemas, right? Sorry for all these questions, I just want to be sure that I'm adding the right stuff to my tank.

Thank you Cheryl, I really appreciate your help!

Yes. Store brand. I bought mine at Sack-n-Save. Sorry I didn't keep the box, or I could do a better job pointing out the ingredients.

You can also take the box up to the pharmacy counter and get him/her to tell you exactly what's in it. When you tell them that you're going to use it as fertilizer for your planted fish tank, they'll look at you funny, but if you smile sweetly and press them further, you'll learn a lot.

Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom