Plant and fish compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey

I'm looking at buying some glosso and some hair grass but i dont know how well they will go with my fish and do i need co2 for a 10 galloen? I have 5 of each seprea tetras and black phantom tetra and i had some purple temple and some baby tears and lileposia (probably didnt spell it right) and when i got back from a 2 day trip feed them the day before they striped my plants when i got back none was left gone! so i was wondering if glosso and hair grass would work with my fish?

Thanks in Advence
Jason(y)

I wonder if it might be the lighting that is the problem. How much light do you have (in watts) over the tank?

Fish don't usually eat plants (except certain fish....not tetras though). And the plants you have are fine with your fish.

As far as co2 goes, you should be fine without it as long as you have enough light for the plants. Glosso and hair grass are plants that need a good bit of light....which for a 10g would be atleast 30 watts, more is better.

I wonder if it might be the lighting that is the problem. How much light do you have (in watts) over the tank?

Fish don't usually eat plants (except certain fish....not tetras though). And the plants you have are fine with your fish.

As far as co2 goes, you should be fine without it as long as you have enough light for the plants. Glosso and hair grass are plants that need a good bit of light....which for a 10g would be atleast 30 watts, more is better.
I havent got them yet i am getting some new lights i dont know what watts they are at the moment so new lights? i think 2 watts an golloen

When you get your new lights, take a look at the box and bulbs and see what the wattage is. From there we can give you a better idea of what you should be able to grow. I agree with Kristin, the fish you have in there would not have eaten the plants. Both of them actually would prefer a densely planted tank.

Also make sure they're plant growth bulbs, and not the kind you get at Home Depot. I made this mistake, and just ended up with scorched plants and lots of algae. Get Zoo Med Flora Sun Max Plant Growth. Only way to go IMO

I dont have wall mart in australia but i have the best LFS ever with awesome plants and tanks and fish
So what are plants that will require low light?

Back
Top Bottom