Plant ID / Questions :l

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403840246.202374.jpg

ID for plants. Any info?

Can I keep them in a larger fanta bottle with water + root tabs? Should I add dirt? I'm planning on leaving them near the window for maximum light.

This is a temporary home* (2 weeks ish) and them I'm planting them in my main.

Update: I have put them back in the pots (with the weird mossy thing) and a root tab in each pot. I have submerged them in water, so they don't dry out. I'm thinking the root tabs will leech some nutrients...

Update 2: they are pearling, a lot! A tiny leaf is emerged and I guess that's enough.

Well, the top plant looks like anacharis, but I'm not at all sure on the bottom one, possibly semi aquatic bog plant.
I would plant the anacharis stems individually so the bottoms don't rot, can't say for sure what to do with the other.
The "pearling" you are seeing may just be trapped air from when you put it back in the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, the top plant looks like anacharis, but I'm not at all sure on the bottom one, possibly semi aquatic bog plant.
I would plant the anacharis stems individually so the bottoms don't roti8

Idk about semi-aquatic, it was fully submerged when I got it :/... But I do believe it is anacharis, thanks! However, I can't really plant them... They're not exactly in a tank, should in just float 'em?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403868007.274569.jpg

I agree, I also think its anacharis, but the 2nd plant was fully aquatic when I bought it. We'll see. I don't think I can plant them separately, they're not in a tank as said before. I'll show you a pic... And yes, they are pearling, they are the slightest bit submerged :)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403868191.183615.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403868233.651417.jpg

can u take a better pic from the 2nd plant ? the leaves looks like a small amazon but i cant tell

can u take a better pic from the 2nd plant ? the leaves looks like a small amazon but i cant tell

Not a sword.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403872426.551792.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403872444.471006.jpg also, should I just float the anacharis? I know they are hardy plants n' can grow floating, cut, etc.

That plant is definitely strange, many possibilities come to mind but I don't think it would be one of them.
You can float the anacharis if you want, it really doesn't matter.

Idk what the plant is, but I do think it looks nice. Also nice to know that anacharis is like a weed, and if guess keeping it alive won't be too hard. On too of that I bought it for the equivalent of less than 2 USD lol

Idk what the plant is, but I do think it looks nice. Also nice to know that anacharis is like a weed, and if guess keeping it alive won't be too hard. On too of that I bought it for the equivalent of less than 2 USD lol

I hear it grows like a weed, but I wouldn't know, for some reason I can grow everything but anacharis and hornwort:what:

I hear it grows like a weed, but I wouldn't know, for some reason I can grow everything but anacharis and hornwort:what:

Whaaaaat... I hear to propagate it you literally just cut to length. Trimming? Free plants!

My anarchis grows like nobody's business, and yes, just cut it and it sends out a grabber root thing and anchors to whatever is close. It's a nitrate sponge too which is always nice.. it does have a tendency to melt with additives like excel and metricide...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My anarchis grows like nobody's business, and yes, just cut it and it sends out a grabber root thing and anchors to whatever is close. It's a nitrate sponge too which is always nice.. it does have a tendency to melt with additives like excel and metricide...

Yeah I've tried no co2, co2, excel, no excel. It just won't grow for me

Yeah I've tried no co2, co2, excel, no excel. It just won't grow for me

Bad strain perhaps?

I've tried dozens of times over the years until I said screw it. There are plenty of plants I can grow

I've tried dozens of times over the years until I said screw it. There are plenty of plants I can grow

I'm sending you some of mine! The apistos love them, the fry all hang and nibble at it..

Update: I am now keeping the anacharis and mystery plant in a bucket, on the patio porch thing. The anacharis is floating and the MP is in pots. Will this do? (It's 98* F outside will that be bad?)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403935452.864892.jpg

Back
Top Bottom