possible brackish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgkaelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
have been looking into turning my 10 gallon tank brackish, but i think the only suitable tankmates are bumble bee gobies, is this correct? i know scats, mono's , and archer fish get MONSTROUS. i have read a few blurbs about people having other kinds of gobies in their brackish tanks. is this accurate? i've only seen one species of FW gobies (or maybe they just weren't being kept in BW) and everything else salt. also i know (think) mollies are brackish as well. they're a possibility, too. any advice is appreciated!

knight gobies are brackish. Guppies and mollies can be converted to brackish as well.

I have a brackish guppy tank with a knight goby.

I would get a puffer. They stay pretty small. They are one of the more interesting fish to keep. I love watching their little fins flapping.

My BW 29 gal has bb gobies, "FW" flounder, and Celebes rainbows. I used to have Mollies, but they were out competing the gobies for food.

The puffer pictured is a green spotted puffer (Tetraodon nigriviridis) & it grows to 6". Way to large for a 10g tank. You can keep 1 figure 8 puffer (T biocellatus) in a 10g though.

yeah, i love puffers, but i'd rather have a tank where i have more than one inhabitant, even though those guys are goofy

A 10g would only be large enough for some celbes rainbows. Most rainbows get too large & need lots of swimming room.

I don't know about other Rainbows. I know the Celebes are doing well in my tank; although, bb gobies can by nippy. Every once in a while one of the Celebes has a stub for a tail :?

Back
Top Bottom