Problems everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will be doing the water change soon. My yellow One is still the same. It has been four days since I added the fungus meds. You can add it again today. Since I have been Doing the salt what do y'all recommend. Not use the meds today?

go ahead and use it. what i was talking about adding chemicals into the tank is that you should avoid unnecessary ones in order to reach a pH level that's well within tolerable range. but since the med is for fungus treatment you need to dose your tank according to the instructions

Ok sounds good. Do I keep doing the salt too? Lik add the dosage for today along with the fungus treatment.

]Ok sounds good. Do I keep doing the salt too? Lik add the dosage for today along with the fungus treatment.

Ok I added the fungus med and the salt. I did a 75% change like you said. Since I'm supposed to test the nitrite in 24 hrs, will the meds throw that off?

Yellow one definitely has signs of improvement since this morning! Yay! Y'all have helped so much on figuring this out! Now I just have to work on the nitrite and I will be on the home stretch! I did that 75 % water change this morning so I'm hoping that when I check it tommoro it will have came down some. If not i know its going to be an even longer process. Will update then, but If anyone has any more suggestions on how to make this nitrite move along, feel free to post! I need all the help Incan get! Thank y'all so much b

Yellow one definitely has signs of improvement since this morning! Yay! Y'all have helped so much on figuring this out! Now I just have to work on the nitrite and I will be on the home stretch! I did that 75 % water change this morning so I'm hoping that when I check it tommoro it will have came down some. If not i know its going to be an even longer process. Will update then, but If anyone has any more suggestions on how to make this nitrite move along, feel free to post! I need all the help Incan get! Thank y'all so much b

I'm glad it's looking better! Your doing great!

Thanks all! I tested the nitrite again this morning. It has been 24 hr since the 75% water change. I added fungus med and salt. Nitrite is still through the roof :( any suggestions.

Just keep the water changes up. Do you use prime? And have you tried testing the water before you put it in the tank. Maybe it's high from source

The pet store tested my regular water and its fine. And no I haven't ever used anything.

Did the pet store have strips or liquid test kits? IMO I would do multiple water changes until nitrite is down to decent levels

They had strips. But I had strips and my tank was still sky high on those. So. I know there not accurate but my tank water was fine and my aquarium water wasn't. And then he liquid test is high for the aquarium. I can check my regular water with the liquid test though if you think that might be what's wrong. And ok I will do more water changes.

They had strips. But I had strips and my tank was still sky high on those. So. I know there not accurate but my tank water was fine and my aquarium water wasn't. And then he liquid test is high for the aquarium. I can check my regular water with the liquid test though if you think that might be what's wrong. And ok I will do more water changes.

No, sorry your tank is prolly still cycling. But i would suggest back to back water changes until your liquid test results are normal, if it were me anyway :).

No I haven't. All I know is my regular water which is well water is tested and it shows nothing that I am testing for in my tank so I didn't know there was anything I needed to be putting in the water. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom