PVC pipe and plastic plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyen27

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
Any one know of a good glue that will hold the plastic plant nicely on the PVC pipes? I'm trying to hide the pipe and silicone doesn't seem to work well with PVC pipe, and PVC cement doesn't seem to holder the plastic plant either,
Thanks

I've used All-Glass brand aquarium silicone to glue rocks onto PVC pipe. The stuff is really sticky and worked great for me.

Silicone won't stick if there is even a trace amount of dirt or oil on the surface. I had to use a 50-50 solution of white vinegar and water to remove the black oily film from my piece of PVC.

You can get a good size tube of aquarium silicone at the Home Depot for about 3 bucks, that was what i used and it worked great.

Yeah, that is what I used, but I guess like QTOFFER said, probably need to cleaned and stuff, I did paint it with purple primer so that probably why it doesn't stick. If I sand off the purple primer, creating a little rough surface on PVC, will that cause problem with silicone sticking on to it?
Thanks

The primer is probably why the silicone didn't stick. Just sand it off and you'll be fine. If anything, the rough surface will make the silicone stick better.

Back
Top Bottom