Question on heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcsport

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
At the moment I'm running an All-Glass 100w heater.At its lowest setting my water is 80 by digital therm. I'm thinking I would be better off replacing it. I'm looking towards the Stealth Visi-Therm but what wattage would I need? I've seen 100,150, and 200. My tank is a bowfront 26 gal and it came with the All-Glass 100 heater.

Also I've read rubbernose Pleco's need to be kept below 78 is this true? Thanks!

I would recommend either the Visi-Therm Deluxe 150 or the Visi-Therm Stealth 150.

The All-Glass heaters are THE biggest pieces of trash that ever existed on earth. (maybe not, but close to it!). I absolutely love the Visi-Therm heaters.

At its lowest setting? Do you mean it is always on even at its lowest setting? I have an old glass one with a small light shows me it is on or off. It can be automatically on based on my adjustment and in that way I can keep my tank at certain temperature.

If my room temperature is 74F, my glass heater is always off (whenever I check) and my tank temperature is 80F. When my room temperature is 66F, the heater will be on sometimes to keep tank temperature at 76F.

I have a Rena Cal that has been working amazing ever since I have replaced my Theo. Temp has stayed exactly where I want it. I'd go with the stealth though because that is what all of the pros seem to be suggesting :).

the stealth is avery nice heater, I had one, then I broke it two weeks later by laying it on the floor and stepping on it lol as for the rubbernose pleco I believe there temp prefereance is 74- 79 degrees, but I may be wrong

Back
Top Bottom