quick answer needed. which is better??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Api stress coat plus or aqueon water conditioner.

They both neutralize chlorine and chloramines and claim to aid in restoring slime coat.

Honestly I don't use either. I just use prime when doing WC's and don't feel the fish need anything else. I don't feel it's needed in a healthy tank with good water quality.

Honestly I don't use either. I just use prime when doing WC's and don't feel the fish need anything else. I don't feel it's needed in a healthy tank with good water quality.

Well i did use novaqua for my pwc's, but i am about out and have a pwc scheduled for tomorrow. I need a dechlorinator for sure. Are u saying these two are no good because they have additional additives?

I agree with rivercats. I just use prime. It is a little more expensive per bottle, but it goes a lot further so in the long run its less expensive.

Ok, i found the prime. It does seem to be way more concentrated as it only takes one capful per 50 gallons. Pretty much a no brainer. Thanks guys.

I agree with rivercats. I just use prime. It is a little more expensive per bottle, but it goes a lot further so in the long run its less expensive.
Well, i agree with both Rivercats and Alyxx. Go with the Prime if you can get it. I used to use API stress coat and i found it left a slime coat all over my decor and filter(s). Since switching to Prime, it's gone. Not familiar with the Aqueon conditioner.....

Well, i agree with both Rivercats and Alyxx. Go with the Prime if you can get it. I used to use API stress coat and i found it left a slime coat all over my decor and filter(s). Since switching to Prime, it's gone. Not familiar with the Aqueon conditioner.....

Well i did not notice the prime at first as it was a red bottle. Seachem products are usually blue i think. I was going with the api and aqueon initially because i had a coupon for one and the other was on sale. I wanted to make sure either was of quality is why i asked. Did not know the prime was so concentrated or would have gone with it this whole time. I got the seachemprime that claims to dechlorinate and detoxify ammo, nitrite etc. Right stuff correct??

Well i did not notice the prime at first as it was a red bottle. Seachem products are usually blue i think. I was going with the api and aqueon initially because i had a coupon for one and the other was on sale. I wanted to make sure either was of quality is why i asked. Did not know the prime was so concentrated or would have gone with it this whole time. I got the seachemprime that claims to dechlorinate and detoxify ammo, nitrite etc. Right stuff correct??
Perfect. The others do the job but imo prime is the best.....

Yup. That's the stuff! At two drops per gallon it goes a lot further than the other stuff, and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom