rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Umberle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are harlequin rasboras the same as rasbora hets? I thought they were but now that I have them home I'm not so sure. The ones I have have almost no pinkishness but they are very small and could color up as they get larger...if they get larger.

BTW, I love them anyway :wink: They are so much fun to watch. They actually managed to chase off my dwarf gourami when he was picking on one.

Yes Harlequin rasboras are Rasbora heteromorpha. Actually the scientific name has recently been changed to Trigonostigma heteromorpha, if you want to be completly accurate :wink:

Often fish become more colorful as they mature. Plus, it is common for fish to be stressed out crammed into those tanks in the stores--once they get into your tank and have some time to settle down, and especially if the conditions are good and you give them some good food, they will color right up.

I can't speak for Harlequins specifically, but in general I would say you are likely to see more color from them soon!

Agreed. The rasboras should color up soon. The males are so bright, as well, so it could be a possibility that you got all females?

My 4 I have left (had 6) were all female, with one male, and boy could you tell the difference in the color.

good luck. I love them!

I must have all males because all my fish are really pink with deep blue shiny triangles. They look sort of off white in the fish store so they definitely should color up.

Thanks, guys. They are beginning to color up....I think part of it is that they must be very young...the largest is about .5" wo tail. We'll see how it goes but I love them anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom