Real Driftwood in a Fake Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yes, my tank is a fake. Everything is plastic. I've only had it set up for a month, but I was so excited to get it up and running that I used a bunch of stuff from my old trusty 10g, and didn't want to wait or deal with planting.

In time, I hope to make the switch, because I love the natural look that you can only get from real greens, but for now plastic will have to do.

With that said, I had some driftwood in my 10g and loved the look of that, but its far to small for my 55g. I don't mind if I have to take all winter prepping a new natural block of wood, (ie salt soak, scrub, repeat x times), but overall is it a good idea to put a real chunk of wood in an otherwise fake tank? Or should I only do this when I plan to do the dirt work?

Super_Blueberry said:
Yes, my tank is a fake. Everything is plastic. I've only had it set up for a month, but I was so excited to get it up and running that I used a bunch of stuff from my old trusty 10g, and didn't want to wait or deal with planting.

In time, I hope to make the switch, because I love the natural look that you can only get from real greens, but for now plastic will have to do.

With that said, I had some driftwood in my 10g and loved the look of that, but its far to small for my 55g. I don't mind if I have to take all winter prepping a new natural block of wood, (ie salt soak, scrub, repeat x times), but overall is it a good idea to put a real chunk of wood in an otherwise fake tank? Or should I only do this when I plan to do the dirt work?

My tanks are mostly fake with a few plants and driftwood. I like the combo so far.

My tank started out planted, the fake with mopani and now it's a combo of fake with mopani and a few Anubias and I think I have finally found a layout I like lol :)

Back
Top Bottom