Really silly question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I name my bettas. My first two were named after my husband -- variations of his first and middle names. For the two bettas I have now, I let my husband name the light blue one Benny, and I named the other one Kenny.

I love naming my fish, and the best part of fish naming is fish name changing, which I do a lot of too. I've changed girl names to boy names, baby names to grown-up names, fish colored names to whatever color the fish changes into names ... all without causing the fish any confusion (well, as far as I know)

The little tetra school is harder though, so I just call them the Argonauts.

WilliS said:
my girlfriend made a tank out of an old apple computer... the fish in it were named Mac and Tosh

... and of course my pleco's name is PC... (im a mac user)...i figured "hmm..whats a good name for something that sucks all day and all night?"

:rofl: That's great, WilliS, I'm a Mac user, too.

My betta is named Warren, all 4 otos are Otis. Two fish are named after our recent hurricanes: a pictus catfish named Charley and a platy named Frances because she usually moves kind of slow. Need to name somebody Jeanne and Ivan, I guess. One platy named Flame, 2 platies named Ross and Rachel but Rachel is recently deceased. :(

Haven't named the others yet. I'm waiting to be inspired. :D

1 Pleco - "Plato" cause he seems very wise... :mrgreen:
4 Otos - "Hoover", "Squeegee", "Kirby" and "Oreck"
2 Platy fry twins - "Harley" and "Davidson" (my husband named them)
1 neon blue dwarf gourami - "Pretty Boy"
3 panda corys - "Mocha", "Choco" and "Latte"
1 Betta - "Mr. Betta"
Plus lots of unnamed Platy adults and fry

OK, since I started this message, I've just named the Oto I added to the tank over the weekend -- Houdini. The name is two-fold: every time I look in the tank for him, it's a "Where's Waldo" moment. He simply disappears from wherever I saw him last and is so small he can hide right in front of my nose sometimes. Also, of course, he makes the algae disappear.

Back
Top Bottom