Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darby

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you recommend in regards to colorful, active fish for my FW 29g? Any suggestions are welcome. I won't get them til my tank is ready, of course. Just excited to have my tank back.

You mean those genetically altered highlighter danios?

darby said:
You mean those genetically altered highlighter danios?

Yep, with a black light and let the light show begin :D.

Don't get too caught up in the genetics issue, they were developed to sus out polluted water in Asia (a good thing). Besides, more fish that you know are genetically altered in some fasion (ie many of the dwarf varieties) only for the market we all support.

I'm not offended by genetics in any way. Those are just too bright for my color scheme.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110319_024134.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110319_024134.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 101
I don't have the black light for the effect you are talking about either.

I wasn't saying offened, just that it's not uncommon in the 21st century. Black lightbulb from walmart in a cheap fixture and you're set ;).

If I could, I'd do it in a tall hex (7-8 gals).

Im somewhat in agreement with meegosh, though I wouldn't put them in anything smaller than a 20 long or 29g. I had zebra danios in a 10g, then moved them to a 55g. Man, they zipped from one side of the tank to the other. They definitely deserve more room than most people give them.

As far as colorful for this tank... Hmmm. Tetras in general are pretty active fish. Neons and cardinals are pretty popular fish, though cardinals would be my suggestion over neons. Lemon tetras, harlequin rasboros, maybe some type of platy. Do you have any idea what type of fish, or what color you're looking for?

Just a colorful variety. I was thinking about gouramis, but I've had them in the past, and they seemed really aggressive to me. They do look nice though. I just want a happy community tank where they all get along.

True they are active as can be. I have shoal of the orange dyed danois that zip all over my 37 tall. I just wish we could get the glofish here, but CA treats them like they have 3 heads and spit fire lol.

Back
Top Bottom