Ropefish help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vao71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, on Tuesday I bought a ropefish and having past experience with them I was fully aware that they are social fish but I took one home anyway due to the high price and to see how he would do in the tank. It went well but recently he's been hiding in this decoration I have and has not come out since Wednesday. On Thursday I bought another ropefish and he hides in the same decoration but also comes out very often to swim around the tank and he's much more social. Also I can't get either one of them to eat. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to get the other one out of hiding and how to get them to eat? Thanks. :)

Yes, they're snatched up by all the other fish within minutes

Okay well they're both out now and very social, swimming all over the tank but they are still not eating. They can't be so dumb as to starve themselves to death can they?

I had one who didn't eat a single thing no matter what I tried....I had him a month until he passed. I hope they start eating for you!

How long have you had them? I know bettas can go a couple weeks with out eating (their choice). Is there anyway you can move the fish into a net or container to the ropefish can eat? Maybe once they get a taste for the food they will be a little more bold and eat :)

I've had them for about 6 days now and the only thing I have would be a bucket but I don't want them to jump, grrrr

rope fish love sinking cichlid pellets so try to drop some close to feeding everyone else good.

Back
Top Bottom