Sale... Big Al's... I caved!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlatyLady

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have officially given in to Multiple Tank Syndrome.

I just went in to check out the 25% off EVERYTHING sale at Big Al's. I planned on only getting some otos...

But there were amazing sales everytime I turned around! I bought myself the 3 otos I wanted, plus a new 10 gal tank, among other must-haves. The tank with hood and light was $19.99! *sigh*

I can't wait to figure out what I want to put in it. (it's all set up already!)

What can I say? I'm a sucker for fish, sales, and impulse buying. I knew that fat Christmas bonus was going to be good for something! :D

Hey, Congrats and enjoy it. Just think of how lucky you are. I can only get to bigals on line. LOL

Gah! Can you order from the Canuck site and recieve in the US? The US store site doesn't have the sale because we don't have Boxing Day.

I asked customer service and they said US folks HAVE to order from the US site. That seems rather unfair to me. US folks wish they had a time for more sales, I'm sure! :p

I thought I missed out. I Blew about $300 at big als a week or so ago. SO I am relieved to hear us Americans can't get the deal anyway. 8O

Actually, you folks at the states have the better deal. Big Als' US site have stuff sometimes at 1/2 the price of the Canadian counterpart - even counting exchange. (Eg. Emporor 400 is over $100 Can, but only $30 US.) So you guys don't have to wait for sales!

OTOH, I can drop by my local store & save on shipping, plus I can shop for tanks & other big items not on the web.

PS - didn't know of the 25% off everything sale. Must drop by this weekend!

Where are they located in the US? I like their prices, I just couldn't go through the shipping process again. BTW, still waiting on 1 light bulb after 2 months.

Somewhere upstate NY. Rochester I believe.

do you live in mississauga?? i remeber there was a HUGE big al's there... it used to be my favourite shop :)... until i moved to singapore (don't need heaters anymore teehee). But most of the fish shops here are tiny, grimy and pretty disease ridden.. people only keep fish here cos its meant to be good feng shui.

Does anyone know of any good tropical fish shops in singapore? (if you live here)

Actually I went to the one in Brampton. There are some pretty knowledgable employees there (and some just starting out...). Nice selection of fish, they look healthy, and apparently the ones that aren't healthy are set aside in "Not for sale" tanks.

I plan on visiting the Mississauga store sometime soon. Good luck in your quest for a LFS in Singapore!

Back
Top Bottom