set my fish up now i need some plants for the top for cheap..any thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vthokies07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a 35 gallon tank I decided to go with the basics bought everything from petsmart one trip heater filter air stones two air pumps decorations gravels etc.. we added 6 blackskirts 3 neons 2 rosy tetras a bristle nose pleco five female guppys and two males so far so good but I feel the female guppys need some plants to relax in to birth and added hiding places for the fry any thoughts on water spangles or frog bit the tank will be maintained daily so worrys on invasive just short good foliage for a cheap price..ebay seems to be a good site but the quality? Any advice appreciated thanks!

Frogbit and red root floaters are nice although frogbit roots get really really long. EBay sellers can be hit and miss just read reviews/feedback and go from there. I do suggest going with someone who will ship insulated priority as its much better on the plants and not something you want to cheap out on.

Thanks for the reply! I was reading about the frog bit I just don't like the look of long roots the water spangles however from what I read don't get very long they're just a smaller leaf I've never heard of the red root floaters but I will read up on thos as well thanks!

Back
Top Bottom