Snail dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not necessarily. Mystery snails sometime just like to float around. What kind of snail is it? Take it out and smell it, youll know immediately if its dead.

BrackAttack said:
Not necessarily. Mystery snails sometime just like to float around. What kind of snail is it? Take it out and smell it, youll know immediately if its dead.

Black mystery snail he is . How long will he do this? I will see of he smells or not.

i had a couple of snails a long time ago, and I remember them occasionally floating for a day or 2, made me worry a few times

I think they do it to travel quickly and find a new food source in the wild.

That is interesting! I'm glad you posted this because now I know the snail tank at the LFS is not 1/2 full of dead mystery snails! LOL! I never asked them; I just figured they were.

Lovin Fish said:
That is interesting! I'm glad you posted this because now I know the snail tank at the LFS is not 1/2 full of dead mystery snails! LOL! I never asked them; I just figured they were.

Yea they do tend to just float around but wether or not that is they reasoning behind it i dont know. It is just an educated guess. It could also be just gas trapped in the shell that they can not release.

I read someplace that you can turn them a certain way and the air bubble will release

Back
Top Bottom