Snail id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can someone tell me if this is a good or bad snail? Came on my plants the third one may be the same but in not to sure

Attachments

• image-1013549909.jpg
    image-1013549909.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2539994153.jpg
    image-2539994153.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 77
  • image-124192816.jpg
    image-124192816.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 74
Chances are they are li'l old pond snails, they reproduce asexually so it only takes one to reproduce and they are a pest once you have 200 of them, so I would give them a kick

It doesn't look like a pond snail all the pics I seen on google they all had a long sorta pointy shell these ones just have round shells and like a leopard print style thing on there shells

It's a ramshorn snail. They dont reproduce as quickly as pond snails and tend to be a bit more popular. But from what I've heard they can eat plants so I remove them from my tank with extreme prejudice.

Okay I lost them for now but ill have a look now I might put them in a breeder net and let them grow a bit they look cool

I keep red ramshorns in my planted tanks with no problems, like wiggles said they only eat decaying matter.

Yea I wasn't gonna kill em :) so really they are beneficial to have in my tank cos they will eat dead leaves and stuff if I got any :)

Back
Top Bottom