snail questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have 2 apple snails. very nice golden/orangish color.

i bought a moonlight gourami last sunday. its been picking on my snails. not like the "foot" but the feelers.

should i take bake the gourami or will my snails be okay?

It's typical for Gourami's to pick on snails and on many inverts in the tanks. Just make sure that if they ae just picking on them around the shell area and not the sensitive parts then, they really are just trying to entertain themselves, But if they are flipping them over and eating them, then you need to decide on the snails or that fish.

ic. as soon as my new tanks up and cycled ill put the snails in with the brichardi's but i dont know if it'll be a problem

I had this problem with my angel. It just kept picking and picking on the snail, would run its face into the body of the snail and knock it off of the glass. Needless to say,I think I got their late and the snail died. So yes, if it becomes a problem, and it sounds like it will, your going to have to seperate them.

i dont think its that bad. its just the gourami hovers around the snail until it comes out. then it nips once or 2ce and then goes away. but i know it might become a problem.

Snails can die from the stress of constantly being picked on.

My Bala Shark made a meal out of 6 Apples [ 4 Black Mysteries and 2 Gold Inca/Ramshorn*not quite sure what they are* ] before I caught on.

So, get it out ASAP, or the stress from the constant picking could kill it.

your milage may vary? aww well. ill put it in the 29 as soon as its cycled. would i rather have it die from being picked on or being in a uncycled tank?

this is a really old thread. i returned the gourami like 4 weeks ago. or a couple days after i made this thread

Back
Top Bottom