So confused??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladybug299

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I currently have a 36 gallon bowfront tank that I absolutely have no idea to put in it. I was planning on having a pearl gourami as the centerpiece. The tank mates however I don't really know. Many people said these...

Rams- peaceful but I thought they needed to be in pairs and get aggressive when they breed

Keyhole cichlid- I don't really know much about except that it might go with a pearl gourami

IF these fish can go with a pearl gourami...can they live with each other as well or can i only pick one of the two?

Another person said angelfish..but I wouldnt feel safe with that option without someone's opinion

All of those would be fine together, but you wouldn't be able to put anything else but those 4, and that's only if you have good filtration and keep up on your water changes. Rams don't have to be kept in pairs, and they can be aggressive when breeding, but usually pet stores only have males because they look better. You could also do just the pearl and ram as a center pieces and than large schools of tetras and cories. Or you could do the angel and keyhole with smaller schools of corys and tetras. Other fish that are compatible with angels, keyholes, rams, and pearls are...rainbow fish, most tetras, cory cats, other small catfish, danios, mollies, platy, small loaches, swords, and bigger rasboras. Look around the web and see what your interested in and come back an ask more questions.

I agree with above. Get your pearl. then look for small schoolers you like. Tetras some danios (pearls, fire ring's etc.) bottom schoolers pygmy cory's. This way you increase your options for stock and the tank will have more color and activity for you to enjoy! Good luck!

I was mostly interested by the pearl gourami as they are peaceful and i think I will go with the gourami and ram choice just because I want more than just 4 fish to the tank.

I think having a single ram would be fine. This might actually be a better idea so they wouldn't kill other fish when breeding.

Back
Top Bottom