Some stocking expertise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salv1ni

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 5ft 125g. After I got that tank, I think I got ahead of myself due to all the amazing CA/SA That I knew I wanted to stock it with. As of right now, I’m realizing I actually did get ahead of myself and can’t keep all these beauties.

Current: 1 Green Sev, 1 Gold Sev, 2 uaru, 2 rotkeil Sev, 1 blue acara, 1 true parrot, 1 veija argentea, 1 chocolate cichlid, and 1 geo red head(plan to get two more)

I think this will be too much when all are adults. I would like to know what you think.

Thanks a ton!

Probably too much; esp if you have a pair (m/f) of uaru; they could pretty much own most of the tank. Also the chocolate if a male will get fairly large.

Large tanks allow for the variety you just outlined. As long as the filtration, water parameters, feedings and maintenance is keeping with the requirements and their not at each other’s throats (acting too aggressively) you should be alright. Every environment is different and can change or stay the same once they grow.

Back
Top Bottom