sort of a driftwood question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an aluminum stockpot that I used to boil a piece of driftwood to place in my planted tank. It now has dark stains inside and I don't know how to get them out. I'm hoping that it can be saved for cooking. It never occurred to me that this would happen to it when I boiled that driftwood or I would have figured out another way to do it. Could someone please give me some advice on how to clean this pot out? I figured that someone on here has probably run into this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

haha i had the same thing happen to me all i did was fill the pot up above the stain line and reboil it that should get rid of the stain

When we go camping, and an aluminum, non coated pot needs washing to get off soot, I use a couple of handfuls of sand, hot water and dish soap. The sand works just like sandpaper. I wouldn't do that to a teflon coated pot or pan though. Elbow grease is required also.

Back
Top Bottom