Stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a planted 55 gallon with 4 angels, 1 baby rainbow shark, a featherfin cat, 2 peacock eels, and a dinosaur birchir. does that seem reasonable? I really want to put a brown knife in but I'm weary as to weather I should or not. Any input would be appreciated. :)

I'm not sure that could work? Dinosaur bichirs-from what I've researched online using my great pal Google-seem agressive for that size of a tank. Also IME knives need a much larger tank because they get big. I would get rid of the bichir and then it would be much better stocked. Also watch out for those angels, they could pair up and I have heard two pairs in a tank is usually not good.

I may just have to get a special tank just for the knife. Lol the dinosaur has been pretty good so far but its only a juvenile, and I'll have to keep an eye on the angels. I hope they can coexist, they are my favorite fish in that tank. Here is the tank, it's an older picture(the goldfish, silver dollars, and that one Bala shark are all gone) I was just holding them for a friend.

Looks good! I guess the bichir can be kept there as a juvenille for now, I am no expert at oddballs but IME the younger it is the less agressive it is.

Thank you! Everyone seems to be happy, especially the peacock eels. They hide in the plants and play with each other all day.

Yes, I have done my research on peacock eels and now I want one! lol. They seem to be peaceful, don't eat fish unless they're ridiculously tiny (I can only think of microfish and neon tetras), and like each other! Now I want one! But I don't think forty is big enough and my LFS don't sell them anyways, oh well. :)

I think you'd be okay putting one in your 40g. I got mine at petsmart, I usually don't buy anything from stores like that but if you take time and make sure to get a healthy fish they are usually okay. Quarantine is pretty important too.

I think you'd be okay putting one in your 40g. I got mine at petsmart, I usually don't buy anything from stores like that but if you take time and make sure to get a healthy fish they are usually okay. Quarantine is pretty important too.

Yes but would it fit in with two angels, a school tetras, eight emerald cories a honey gourami a possible school of small rainbows and four killifish? Probably not. :(

Here is one of mine. What do you think about leaf fish?

Leaf fish would do great in that tank, especially because you have all those bottom-dwelling fish for it to socialize with. :)

Oh, probably wouldn't fit in that case. Lol I'm thinking about getting one, it'd fit in perfect. I don't know how I feel about the fact they eat feeder fish though

You can raise them on tank foods as well. Feeder fish aren't really a good option unless you raise them yourself.

Shame, really wanted that peacock eel! oh well.

Back
Top Bottom