Stock list and temperature question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meviva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Below is a wish list of the fish I want and the temperatures they require. I will be putting these in a 125 gal tank I am getting in a few weeks. They all seem to be ok in 79 degrees except for the Dennison's Barb. Will 79 degrees be harmful to the Dennison's Barbs? Also I have a 10 gal that stays at 80 degrees without a heater. I'm not sure if the 125 will need a heater either. Can fish adjust if the temperature is within a degree or two?

=> 75.2 - 86F: Angelfish
=> 64.4 - 80.6F: Peppered Cory
=> 71.6 - 82.4F: Upside Down Catfish
=> 68 - 78.8F: Black Ruby Barb
=> 64.4 - 77F: Denisoni Barb
=> 78.8 - 86F: Blue Ram

Thanks

Below is a wish list of the fish I want and the temperatures they require. I will be putting these in a 125 gal tank I am getting in a few weeks. They all seem to be ok in 79 degrees except for the Dennison's Barb. Will 79 degrees be harmful to the Dennison's Barbs? Also I have a 10 gal that stays at 80 degrees without a heater. I'm not sure if the 125 will need a heater either. Can fish adjust if the temperature is within a degree or two?

=> 75.2 - 86F: Angelfish
=> 64.4 - 80.6F: Peppered Cory
=> 71.6 - 82.4F: Upside Down Catfish
=> 68 - 78.8F: Black Ruby Barb
=> 64.4 - 77F: Denisoni Barb
=> 78.8 - 86F: Blue Ram

Thanks

Denison Barbs should be fine at 79F ... the trick is to acclimate them properly and maintain stable temperatures ... drip acclimation should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom