Strange bronze corydora behavior???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 3 corydoras in my tank. One Julie, on long finned pepper, and a bronze. They are so fun to watch and each have their own personalities. But I have noticed my Bronze has a afternoon/evening ritual, or so it seems...

He/she has an imaginary race track of sorts in the tank, and each night for HOURS at a time, with zoom the same direction, over and over and over. Now Im wondering is this some type of OCD?? or is this a normal fish behavior? If something wrong with him? He goes really fast and im not exagerating when I say hours at a time. He must get so tired!!

anyone else??

It could be because he doesn't have any buddies of his same species. IMO corydoras do better with their own species. Regardless you should add some more cories of some type to your tank. :) I have six peppered corydoras (3 adults, 3 juveniles) and they occasionally display the behaviour you're describing, but they do it together as a group.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, your cories won't act right or how they should "in the wild" until you build a proper school... which I think should be a minimum of six cories. Maybe buy one more of each type?
I've never kept bronze or emerald cories just because they get 3"+, the peppered and julii will stay similar size to each other.

Another possibility is that your bronze wants more room.. What size tank are they in?

The bronze is my smallest of the 3 by far, must be age. I was told that they didnt have to be the same "type" they woudl be happy to school as long as they with other "cories" The 3 of them do stay "together" for the msot part.....??

Back
Top Bottom