Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murph3400

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ever tried GROW-PRO: FRESHWATER PLANTED AQUARIUM SUBSTRATE?

Used as a complete system with our exclusive: AquaFertz.com "Substrate Vitalization System", (and proper water conditions, lighting etc), we guarantee total success of your planted aquarium. (if you follow our recommendations and purchase your equipment & plants from us)*

Ask our tech guys if you have the proper water conditions & lighting etc.

All natural. No artificial coloring.Contains minerals and nutrients and rich in iron. Provides optimum fresh water aquatic plant growth.Used with our exclusive "Aquariumplants.com's own Substrate Fertilizer Pellets" we GUARANTEE success.*NEW: 3 colors to choose from; Black Diamond, Natural Amazon, Red River.*Will not break down or dissolve or turn to mud like others do.*Does not cloud wateroutperforms ALL other planted substrates (guaranteed). We use this with all of our shrimp. No copper.

Granular Size: 1.2mm to 2.8mm

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

We recommend that you rinse the Grow-Pro substrate once before use. The objective is to remove only the fine powder that is a byproduct of when the granules are machine ground. Before filling your aquarium with water, place a piece of cardboard or plastic on top of the substrate to deflect the water as you pour it in. This will prevent the water from churning up the substrate and clouding the water.

The more you rinse the substrate, the more of the fines you are removing. These fines are more readily available to the root of the plant. Thus, rinsing them away is disadvantageous.

NEVER attempt to add substrate to an aquarium that is already filled with water. What will happen is the substrate will stratisfy or layer. The heavy granules will settle at the bottom and the lighter granules will settle at the top.

There are 60,000 customers currently using this substrate with great success. When used correctly with the AquaFertz pellets, no other product will give these results. This is a guarantee.

How do I calculate how much I need for my aquarium?

5 gallon bucket will cover: 4 sq ft at a depth of 3"Equivalent to 6 bags of "eco-complete !Approx 1.25 gallons of substrate per square foot. (note: if you slope or create hills, you will need to order more)EXAMPLE: 55g tank measures 48"L x 12"W. Divide each measurement by 12 to convert to feet. Then take L x W to get area. Multiply that by 1.25 to get gallons of substrate.(48L x 12W)/12= (4L x 1W) = 4sqft > 4 x 1.25= 5 Gallons

Interesting. I use the AquaFertz substrate pellets (and handy pellet injector) but have not used their substrate.
How is it working for you?

You use sand substrate

Nah, I've been using Caribsea EcoComplete since 2012. Grows pretty much anything, though very fine plants such as dwarf baby tears may have trouble staying rooted. It's inert so you need to supplement it. However, it does a decent job of accumulating nutrients.

Sounds like a fractured clay (with reference to not turning to mud)? I use seachem fluorite which may be similar. Pretty happy with it, better than gravel.

The baked pellets are getting more popular here. Perhaps better but too expensive in large tanks.

And then soil or soil-type products are still suggested as the best (but planted tanks are more rare here so less products).

One to check is how sharp the edges are and how easy to dig in. The fluorite I thought would be sharp but is actually fine in water. It is difficult to get plants into, the tank side with baked volcanic(?) pellets is much easier to put stem plants back into.

Back
Top Bottom