Surprise New Addition to Our Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
While watching our fish feed tonight we found a new addition to our aquarium, what appears to be a tiny baby Black Mollie. So, do we do anything special? We’ll begin researching, but we’re new to all this so any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

The baby would appreciate fry bites or finely ground flake food. Although, my guess is it is getting food at the bottom of the tank. The little ones can be very resourceful. Depending on what other fish are in the tank, the baby may become a snack to something else. Make sure there are plenty of hiding places.

I've never done anything special for my molly babies and they've always grown up to maturity, only losses were to mom turning around and eating them right after they were birthed. :p

I just rub a bit of Omega one and sprinkle it onto the tank, And I barely did that. They were able to tear their little chunks off the larger flakes with no problem.

Thanks, folks. We really didn't expect additions this soon. Gotta' admit it's pretty neat. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom