Switching from eco-complete to sand-advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joany

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon lightly planted community tank set up since February. When we decided to get corys, we made a little sand beach for them. Now I'm thinking of switching the entire substrate to pool sand. I like the plants, but our tank is low tech and I'm fine with slow growing plants.

I'm nervous about trying to get all the inhabitants out safely for the change. Is it worth the stress? Anything I should know before I attempt this? How much sand should I buy? Thanks for your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just use a tote to fill woth tank water, pull everything out, then make the switch. It helps to run an air stone on the tote.

Let the tank run for an hour or two then acclimate the fish as if you had just bought them.

Its a safe method of doing it. Ive done it myself 4 or 5 times.

Just use a tote to fill woth tank water, pull everything out, then make the switch. It helps to run an air stone on the tote.

Let the tank run for an hour or two then acclimate the fish as if you had just bought them.

Its a safe method of doing it. Ive done it myself 4 or 5 times.

+1

Done it myself a couple times.

Caleb

Thanks! Anyone want about 50lbs of eco-complete??

Hopkinton MA. Probably will do the switch this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom