tank is over heating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, make sure that your heater is not stuck on. Point a fan at the water, that will help. I freeze ice cubes made with declor water and throw them in the tank, others have used frozen water bottles.

i took the heater out of the tank..im scared if i take the hood off fish would jump out. frozen water bottle..what do i do just leave it till it melts??

how hot is the tank and how hot is the room? i use powerade bottles freeze them with tank water. once they melt i just put them back in the freezer and repeat when needed.

I would leave the lid on unless you declor the water first. I dont know about the betta but the others arent known jumpers.

tank is 88f n the room is 90plus i just took half the hood off . im about to go put tank water in the freezer.

keeping a fan going at all time and rotating the bottles will prob be the best bet. with 90+ room temp you are fighting a hard battle.

Well, 88 isnt too bad, so dont freak out too much. I am going through this same thing. Guess our area has it coming for the next few days.

out side it was 104f when i got outta werk n that was an hour ago..i put tank water n a lil baby ice tray i have for my son. so that will freeze by tommarow just in case.

i left half the hood open n lights are off ima leave it like that for an hour or so see if it cools

Ur on the right track, hood open lights off and if your really concerned I would do a couple water changes to keep the water stabilized. House at 90 and id be melting, here's a smartalic awnser...get an AC unit. Haha

You could go to the dollar store (like family dollar or something) and get a couple of clip on desk fans, clip them on the top of the tank and let them blow across the water. Just make sure they are on good so that they don't fall in the tank! Also they sell chillers for tanks but not sure how much money you want to spend on that. They are kind of pricey I guess

Back
Top Bottom