Tank Mates for Leopard Ctenepomas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmcannally

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got three Leo's in a 55 gallon and they are so shy and skittish I thought some dither fish might help. I have a couple of ACF I plan to put in there when they get big enough, but am also thinking of adding Platies when the Platies get large enough.

Will the Leo's eat the Platies? Right now the Leo's are about the size of my palm (two of them, anyway - one is much smaller and I got them all at the same time. I'm guessing I have two males and a female or vice versa.)

I know they can eat guppies and cardinals :facepalm:
I found out about the guppies on purpose but the cardinals, not so much. Oops.

Don't want to make that mistake with the Platies. Any other suggestions of some good dither fish for them?

I've got three Leo's in a 55 gallon and they are so shy and skittish I thought some dither fish might help. I have a couple of ACF I plan to put in there when they get big enough, but am also thinking of adding Platies when the Platies get large enough.

Will the Leo's eat the Platies? Right now the Leo's are about the size of my palm (two of them, anyway - one is much smaller and I got them all at the same time. I'm guessing I have two males and a female or vice versa.)

I know they can eat guppies and cardinals :facepalm:
I found out about the guppies on purpose but the cardinals, not so much. Oops.

Don't want to make that mistake with the Platies. Any other suggestions of some good dither fish for them?

IMO three leopard gourami's in a 55 in too much. You will list likely have aggression issues in the future. If I were you I would get rid of two only keep one and add some larger tetras and rainbows.

Hmmm... I'll keep an eye on them. They do have plenty of caves to hide in and haven't shown much aggression so far. I got three very small Leo's after having read they will be ok in a 55 if raised together. Of course, they don't school or anything, so I guess one would be just fine on its own.

Rainbows are an awesome idea - I was looking at them earlier for my community tank but didn't think about putting them in with the Leo's.

Thanks!

Oh! Sorry to double post, but I just thought about Tiger Barbs tendency to nip (or so I've been told). Have you had any trouble with the TB nipping the LC?
Thanks!

Oh! Sorry to double post, but I just thought about Tiger Barbs tendency to nip (or so I've been told). Have you had any trouble with the TB nipping the LC?
Thanks!

my group of 9 tiger barbs have never nipped my Leo. They also leave my butterfly fish and gourami alone. I think I may try mixing them with an angel

Back
Top Bottom