temp dropping!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so i have a fruval 30 gallon heater and a stealth 30 gallon heater both set at 78 and the tank is only 71.8 degrees. its only a 28 gallon nano cube errr

KPCustoms said:
so i have a fruval 30 gallon heater and a stealth 30 gallon heater both set at 78 and the tank is only 71.8 degrees. its only a 28 gallon nano cube errr

Try turning your heater up to 80 see if , and what temperature it stabilises at. If it is still low turn up again till its right, might be an inaccurate devise. Also take temp readings from other parts of the tank, your thermometer may be in a cold spot . One last thing what filter do you have,If external it maybe that the flow of water returning is having a cooling effect on the heater, although I'm sure if this was the case the heater light would be on constantly.

To use an aquarium heater effectivly you need to have the water propeerly circulate the tank. The water around the heater may be at the right temp but the rest of the tank could be at a cooler temp. I placed my heater near the middle of my 55 gallon tank. Then I have the outlet nozel from my fluval g4 canister filter helping circulate water. Also my 2 HOB aqueon filters and 1 marineland 400 power head help circulate the water. My water is usually around 77/78 degrees fahrenheit when I check thee temp on my Fluval G3 filter.

Back
Top Bottom