temp dropping!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPCustoms

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i just started a fish in cycle in my tank yesterday and i had the temperature at 78 degrees and i woke up this morning and it is down to 68.9 i am freaking out and i have no idea what to do.:eek:

Dont panic! Obviously something is up with your heater but it is not going to stop your tank from cycling unless your temps get down in the low 50 degree range. I dont use heaters (coldwater fish) & have successfully cycled tanks with no problem. It may not be the 'ideal' temp to grow bacteria but your tank will still continue to cycle. :)

Ok well first check your outlet. Plug in a lamp or something to make sure the outlet works. If it does then your heater is broke.

What kind of fish are in it?

I would absolutely get a new heater then. Digital thermometers are usually very accurate, unless your battery is running low.

That doesn't really mean anything. It could possibly be wonky even if brand new, however, the heater is most likely the issue.

in my tank i have 2 ports for a heater should i use the new one and the old one? because it gets really cold at night in my room

Umm maybe a little ot but we have those stick on the outside heaters and one seems very accurate (matches internal thrermo) but the other I have my doubts about. Are these generally accurate?

Back
Top Bottom