Test Kit Came today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been a rough few months and I haven't been able to test my water since I ran out of liquid... Ordered a new API kit and it came today. Yay :)
I've been keeping up on my water changes.. Let's see what the numbers are... < holding breath>

Oh nooooooo! :-(
I've officially learned my lesson.. Always order the test kit before you run out!!

29g:

Ph- 8.4
Am- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 80

10g:
Ph- 8.2
Am- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 80

How is this possible with 50% PWC weekly and only feeding every other day?!
And in my Betta tank?? Why would nitrates be so high? I feed him 4 pellets every other day and he eats them one at a time and nothing hits the groud.

Check your source water for nitrates. To do this correctly if it's tapwater, aerate a cupful with an airstone at least 8 hrs then test. Also make sure you shake the nitrate test bottle #2 really well.

Cichlid Kid said:
Check your source water for nitrates. To do this correctly if it's tapwater, aerate a cupful with an airstone at least 8 hrs then test. Also make sure you shake the nitrate test bottle #2 really well.

I shook the bottles and pounded them for 2 mins... Shook 2 mins in test tube and sat for 5 min exactly...
My tap months ago when I tested last December was 20ppm... I tested in April and it was 10ppm.
I'll test tomorrow in the morning.. I don't have an extra air stone.. Can I get a cup of water and let sit and test in morning... Will be 15 hrs at that point..

Back
Top Bottom