Tetra Aquarium Heater Got 10° warmer than usual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecostomus129

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 5 gallon fishtank's aquarium heater Was about 5° warmer when I got home yesterday. I left again and then when I got back home it was already 10° warmer than it was originally. I went out and got a new one, and that one seems to work, but I still wonder why my old one screwed up like that. Anybody have any answers? Please respond.

did the ambient temperature in the house get warmer by 5 degrees also?

could just be a faulty heater, not really uncommon

No, the house's temp was the same, but the heater's red "active" light did not appear to go off. I bought a new one, and it works, but I am just curious.

ah, probably just a faulty heater then. some times the temperature gauge goes out inside the heater so it just stays on because it does not know what temperature the water is at lol

this will happen less often with high quality heaters.

ah, probably just a faulty heater then. some times the temperature gauge goes out inside the heater so it just stays on because it does not know what temperature the water is at lol

this will happen less often with high quality heaters.

Yeah, I think that is what the problem was. It seems to make sense now. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom