Tetra Safe Start with a UV Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so i recently added a new filter to my aquarium and I decided to utilize Tetra Safe Start to give it a jump start in the cycling process. I have a second filter as well with this tank that is fully cycled but switched from a basic community tank to a overcrowded cichlid tank and wanted the extra filtration. Both of the filters have UV lights which I shut off to add in the TSS. My question is if anyone knows how long I need to wait before I can turn them back on? I ask because I am noticing some brown algae that I am fairly certain is diatomes. Thank you for your help.

Should be fine to switch the UV back on after a day to 2 days. They should have gone from free-floating to stuck on a surface by then.

Thanks! I was looking all over for an answer and didn't want to kill my BB on accident. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unless you get green water blooms i would just leave the uv sterilizers off. The ones in filters just have too much flow to be effective against much else.

Back
Top Bottom