Tiger Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MLM754

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I'm very new to the aquarium world. As a matter of fact, I just got my first aquarium last week (03-18). Two days later I got 6 mollies, I then on Saturday of same week go a male Molly & 3 tiger Barbs. My male died the same night. Sunday 2 mollies did the same thing. The last barb is about to go. It saddens me. I guess I should not have added the last 4 so early. I did some reading after the fact, and read what a guy said at the pet store. Wait about a months before even adding any fish. :facepalm::banghead::banghead: I need help. :thanks:

Hello,

I'm very new to the aquarium world. As a matter of fact, I just got my first aquarium last week (03-18). Two days later I got 6 mollies, I then on Saturday of same week go a male Molly & 3 tiger Barbs. My male died the same night. Sunday 2 mollies did the same thing. The last barb is about to go. It saddens me. I guess I should not have added the last 4 so early. I did some reading after the fact, and read what a guy said at the pet store. Wait about a months before even adding any fish. :facepalm::banghead::banghead: I need help. :thanks:

Your main problem: you didn't cycle the tank before adding fish. Your fish most likely died of ammonia poisoning. There's a sticky on here that explains cycling. Let me go grab the link and ill be back with it for you. It will help a lot, I promise! One question, do you have any fish left?

I'm sorry, I answered your message before I even found your last two messages from Monday. But as you know I'm doing some stupid things. For one, not buying the test kit I was going to buy, before the clerk said don't waste your money. Heck I'll buy 3-4 if it will help keep my little friends alive. I also after reading the sticky did a stupid thing and changed the filter. OH GOD!!! I'm a murder. I just hope the little ones left can make it.

Back
Top Bottom