Tiger Barb problems/ Moving Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WinterRose

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an aggresive tiger barb, actually he is really agressive. I took him out of my 55 because he was attacking my other 2 barbs. Now I have him in a 5 gallon with 3 loaches (black kulai). He has been in there for months has just recently started attacking the loaches. Im at my wits end on what to do with it. The only other option I have is to seperate it into my 10 gallon tank that currently is housing 2 fiddler crabs. the tank is half filled with salt water. Is it safe for me to do that? Any other suggestions that I can do with this barb?

And what is the best way to transfer one fish to another tank when the temps aren't the same?

Chrys

How about putting the black khuli loaches in the 55 gallon? A 5 gallons really not the right environment for them.

I would have to say no to the filddler crab tank idea, tigers are fresh water only.

I know that they are kinda sensitive so I dont want to do anything to hurt them in a move. Any suggestions on how to move them. The temps are different between the two tanks.

You could simply take a bowl big enough for the fish to be in for a little bit and float the bowl in the new tank until the temperature of the two waters even out. That's the easiest way I can think of

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

If you have any zip-lock bags, those will due. Fill them up with some of the tank water (from the tank they are coming from), put the fish in, and let the bag (zipped up or closed) float in the other tank for 15 minutes (slowly brings the temp matched.) and let out.

Yeah, ziplocks much easier. Sorry, I tans to overthink things.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom