tiger barbs and bala sharks in a 55gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all.
A friend of mine recently set-up a 55gal. and currently has 1bala in it. The tank originally had 3 lg. goldfish and a bala. I rehomed the goldies to my pond and as you all know by now its strictly gbr's, rift lake cichlids and goldies for me so i need some good advise for my buddy. He wants a school of 6-10 tiger barbs along with possibly 3 bala sharks. I'm also giving him my albino redfin shark that i rescued. Is this doable?
I should also mention his tank is cycled and all perimeters look great.

its fine if he gets rid of the balas,they need a 120

See thats what i said too. I knew they got big but didnt know how big. He got advise from another aqua site stating 4balas were fine in a 55gal. Im trying to convince him to join our site because of the expertise and wisdom of alot of our people like jetajockey and severum mamma to name a few. I know that even if bad advise is given here at AA its corrected by one of our members. I think thats what sets us apart from other sites.

Agreed with aLexX, dump the balas.... They are way to energetic and large for a 55gal. The TB's and Shark are fine. If he still would like to add another "shark" he could do 3 Denison Barbs aka Roseline sharks.

Back
Top Bottom