tiger barbs how many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iloverover said:
How many Tiger barbs do you need for them not to be aggressive????

They will always be pretty aggressive, but keeping them in bigger groups will greatly reduce it. What size is your tank?

I'd say a group of 7-9 will greatly reduce aggression towards other fish. But it depends on your tank size.

George9 said:
They will always be pretty aggressive, but keeping them in bigger groups will greatly reduce it. What size is your tank?

I'd say a group of 7-9 will greatly reduce aggression towards other fish. But it depends on your tank size.

Lol we posted at the same time. I guess larger schools is always better right? I agree, go as many as you can depending on the tank size

8 is often the magic number for tiger barbs. I wouldn't do less than that. If you have space for a few more, that would likely help too. :)

How many Tiger barbs do you need for them not to be aggressive????

With TB's there's no guarantee, but shoals of 7+ is a start. They'll usually focus their aggression towards each other with a large enough shoal. However, with slow moving, large fin fish, it may not matter.

Back
Top Bottom