Tiger barbs in 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What can I substitute for the red tailed shark?

Unfortunately a 29gal does limit your choices. It's the same footprint as a 20gal long, just 6 inches taller so you don't get much horizontal room for territories.

I can't comment on the ram, but Axe the RTS and Gold Gouramis. The former can get very territorially aggressive and the latter are just a plain mean Gouramis. Plus both can get up to 6 inches. Dwarf Gouramis like the powder blue or flame could work

I would say do 5-7 TB's, a few cories, a dwarf Gouramis as a center piece and maybe some golden barbs to add some color.

Unfortunately a 29gal does limit your choices. It's the same footprint as a 20gal long, just 6 inches taller so you don't get much horizontal room for territories.

I can't comment on the ram, but Axe the RTS and Gold Gouramis. The former can get very territorially aggressive and the latter are just a plain mean Gouramis. Plus both can get up to 6 inches. Dwarf Gouramis like the powder blue or flame could work

I would say do 5-7 TB's, a few cories, a dwarf Gouramis as a center piece and maybe some golden barbs to add some color.

Agree !I have one in my 20 gallon tank he was shy at first but that's because one of his fins long skinny wisker things was broken in half at the petstore.

image-4053868392.jpg

what have you done? i been offline a while... i have tiger barbs and had to stick them in my 55 gallon with cichlids cuzz they killed three guaramis and a betta and some other fish...:blink:also they attacked eachother

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom