Time to stock my 75 gallon! Need your help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sure they do it because they taste good and neons fit in their mouth which makes it a lot simpler

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wish my community tank could get this big... But gotta upgrade cichlid tank before that...

I would do:
2 black veil angels
3 flying foxes
10 harlequin rasbora
5 otocinclus
1 pair of rams
6 panda cory
2 boisemani rainbow
1 red-shouldered tapajo
15 cardinal tetras

This is a well rounded and well stocked tank. The tapajos are beautiful, and realtively peaceful, but they mught go after the tetras. This is pretty fully stocked, but with decent filters you should be good. Would recommend some driftwood and plants to make it look natural.

This is one of my dream setups and im working towards getting some of thise fish already, and the rest later

55 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank
29 gallon tropical community

Sent from Atlantis?

Thanks dude :) loterally my spare time is consumed by researching, re-researching, re-re-researching, and discovering and then researching fish. I put a lot of time into pulling that together tho :)

55 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank
29 gallon tropical community

Sent from Atlantis?

I also have angels and rainbows. I have no idea what my KH is, but they all seem very happy. Also have cardinals. I believe they can get to nearly 2" in length. I think that may be a little large for an angel. So far no problems.

So I've been trying to get a good picture of the fish I got but the little buggers are still too shy. Any time I'm around they go and hide behind the plants. As soon as I layed down last night and turned the lights out I could see them swimming around and exploring the tank. I'll keep trying and will definitely post the picture as soon as I can get it!

Finally was able to get some photos! They're not the best in the world, and these fish are even more beautiful in person of course. Aside from that, they are still getting used to the environment so I'm sure they'll brighten up even more. Either way...here are the ones I was able to get..will definitely get some more soon, once they're more comfortable.

I plan to slowly add 3 more within the course of the next couple of months, I'm thinking 1 every 2 to 3 weeks. I've got 11 of the cardinals in there right now, may add 5 or so more. :fish2::fish2:

img_3236166_0_c4b11c32e5c4a0bcc2b55a141cbe98dd.jpg

img_3236166_1_cbd2f036db5321e274638fdaf1e703cd.jpg

img_3236166_2_ab6e0b3bf0730131f299839e9b52b5ab.jpg

img_3236166_3_e1ee10cd9f647616a1b66c7e0edb0883.jpg

img_3236166_4_7325b0c45bbe173cdee0d80621b3e24b.jpg

Excuse me I think I get an award for this one. Correct guess on the first try :D just kidding but they look great!

Caleb

B E A U T I F U L!
I really like the white one with the orange pattern. Wouldn't mind a tank full of them, go Vols! ;)
Great looking fish though, how about a full tank shot?

Jesse

B E A U T I F U L!
I really like the white one with the orange pattern. Wouldn't mind a tank full of them, go Vols! ;)
Great looking fish though, how about a full tank shot?

Jesse

Thanks! Still trying to get the full tank shot. They're already much less shy and starting to explore the entire aquarium so I should be able to get a good one pretty soon. Will post it when I do! (y)

They look great!
Get them ALL in there ASAP IMO.
They need 5-6 min and will not be so nice to the new guy if you add them down the road as the pecking order will be established.
I would get however many more you want right away.
Get them all the same size as a runt will never catch up.
They do look great!

They look great!
Get them ALL in there ASAP IMO.
They need 5-6 min and will not be so nice to the new guy if you add them down the road as the pecking order will be established.
I would get however many more you want right away.
Get them all the same size as a runt will never catch up.
They do look great!

Thanks, I appreciate the advice! I am definitely aiming for a total of 6 of the discus. If that is the case maybe I will add the 3 others together in a couple weeks. I just want to see how these adjust, but so far they're doing great. I was thinking 1 at a time to let the bioload increase gradually. You don't think that'd be a problem at all? Maybe I'm just being overcautious since they are discus :D.

If these are not adults then you will/should change enough water for them that the bio load should never come into play IMO.
Get all the rest at once so they can get in the mix better.
They are so much better in large numbers,but once you get to low they are tough on each other(like angels).

Sounds like a plan. The 3 I have right now are getting along beautifully. They stick together when they decide to go explore the aquarium. The shoal of cardinals are on the opposite end dodging the discus together :lol:.

I'll probably have a picture of the full tank tomorrow, they're starting to get very comfortable swimming around and not worrying about me or the lights anymore. Should be able to get a good one.

Back
Top Bottom