Tiny white bugs in substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saucy840

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone while I was out today my girlfriend did some observations while filming and snaping photos of the tank. These tiny tiny white bugs in the substrate floating n crawling threw it. I have no idea what it is I read a thing online about Copepods but I don't think that's what it is. I'll try n upload a picture or video best way to explain it. I have live plants with eco complete if that makes any difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lots of little critters can hitchhike on plants, a pic or video would definitely help.

I know little buggers sometimes come with plants but everything Im this tank is from my 75 that was setup for over a year and I didn't notice these little bugs before. I have not added anything new same filters fish substrate light plants. I have no idea what they could be or how they got here lol plants and fish are awesome and the levels are fine it's been setup for about 2 months and tonight is the first siting of these guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 508
They dart there not long just like dots thst move around n jump along kind of

My guess is seed shrimp / ostracods. Are they whitish colored? In the open water do they swim in a circular pattern?

Pretty sure they look like the ostracods or the copepods. They seems to swim or float around in the water sometimes to about maybe half way up the tank but most are in the substrate and not on any plants or anything. And yes they are little white dots.

Sweet it's just that there so small I would think only the Cory ' would get them

Back
Top Bottom