today's goldfish abuse story brought to you by my new job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Well, the first day at my new job i went in and lo and behold:

a 1 gallon tank with 3 (yes 3) 2+ inch fancy golds!

they are literally on top of each other. not to mention the nice layer of schmutz under the UGF plate.

So i cleaned out the tank on my first day. I am going to get a 10 gal at least asap for them if i can. i know that isn't even going to be big enough, but at least it will give them some room until they grow a little and i can talk them into letting me find them a nice pond home.

The best part is that these 3 are the ones out of 40 that survived being a joke played on one of my coworkers.

They put a plastic bag in a drawer in his desk and filled it with goldfish and water.

<sarcasm>cute joke, huh?</sarcasm>

that is horrible! I am glad you stepped up and are doing something about it. And yes, a ten gal is not enough, but sheesh, three, in a 1gal tank. That is just disgusting! What am horrible joke to play, what is the point of it anyways!?! Anyway, you are probably a hero to those goldies! And i also heard that petsmart has a sale on right now for tanks, $1! per gallon capacity of a tank. So you could get a 20gal-30gal(which would hold them for quite a while) for really cheap. I don't live in the states, so i dunno if this is true. Good luck!

Man, and ppl give me a hard time around here for putting a betta and a snail in a 5.5 gal.

Are they really fancy goldfish? If it was a "joke" to put 40 in a desk drawer, I doubt they'd get anything but feeder comets.

Most of the LFS that sell feeder comets have them packed a lot tighter than 3 per gallon ... although 1 gal is pretty ridiculous. I doubt it cost any less than a 5 gal kit. I don't think I've even seen anybody selling anything smaller than the ocasional 2.5 gal Mini-Bow (not counting however much those Bio-Orb things hold).

Back
Top Bottom