"topic search" on site? Also, best PH, etc. kits/s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wstauffer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello folks...I'm new to this site and aquariums, but this site is great! I'm wodering though, is it possible to do a topic search? I have been involved in a lot of different forums, and for some reason I can't find a "search" to look up topics.

More specifically, I am trying to decide what type of PH, etc. testing kit to buy....strips, liquids, accuracy, brand...

Opinions? If I am a testing freak at the beginning of this, those 20 strips times $15 at the LFS times nitrate, nitrite, etc. can add up quickly. Just wondering what most economical and relatively accurate methods there are.

thanks!
Bill

i like the Aquarium Pharm. master test kit. It is a drop based test. It is not as easy and fast as the strips, but the whole kit is around $20, and it tests for high-range PH/low range PH/nitrite/ammonia/KH/DH. As for a search, there is a search at the top of the page in the gray bar right under the banner =)

gray bar right under the banner

Depending on what style your using it may or may not be gray, but it is under the site banner, in very style, as well as in the nav links on the home page in the left column.

I don't love the strips. Easy yes, but I don't think they are very accurate. My kit uses powered reagents; easy to use and accurate. Ilike that each tiny envelope is pre-measured, so little room for error

Thanks for the input, folks. I think I am going to give the Aquarium Pharm. liquids a whirl...they appear popular and relatively inexpensive (and readily avail. at the LFS for a good price).

just make sure you get something for nitrAtes. i noticed that with my Aquarium Pharm. master kit there's no test for nitrAtes D:

Back
Top Bottom