Urgent help needed!!! My juvenile black ghost fish won't eat!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianc_20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED!! I got a juvenile Black Ghost Fish from the store 1 week ago...But he wont eat!!! I tried everything...with the lights off, i tried freeze dried bloodworms, tubifex worms,hi protein flakes, casual flakes , sinking pellets, micro pellets, even chopped prawns!!!:banghead: But he would just ignore everything i put in... he is not bullied nor stressed as he has his own cave... and the other fish are not agressive towards him....Please HELP!!!!!! I don't want him to starve to death!!!!!!

Don't worry he won't starve ! I have A fair few bgnf the do sometimes take a while to get back into feeding , it will scavenge anything it finds in your substrate when the lights off and fish movement has slowed down so it feels safe to feed

Gareth :)

Gareth712 said:
Don't worry he won't starve ! I have A fair few bgnf the do sometimes take a while to get back into feeding , it will scavenge anything it finds in your substrate when the lights off and fish movement has slowed down so it feels safe to feed

Gareth :)

2nd that!

Easiest thing to do to get a BGK to eat at first is to drop in some Ghost Shrimp, it will chomp them down. BGKs are wild caught and these small shrimp, and other small critters and fish, are what they hunt in the wild. After a short while it will start eating prepared foods. Mine loves Hikari sinking carnivore pellets.

Easiest thing to do to get a BGK to eat at first is to drop in some Ghost Shrimp, it will chomp them down. BGKs are wild caught and these small shrimp, and other small critters and fish, are what they hunt in the wild. After a short while it will start eating prepared foods. Mine loves Hikari sinking carnivore pellets.

There are at least 20 ghost shrimps in the tank (all wild caught)....but i dont think he can eat them...he's too small...(8cm)....

Back
Top Bottom