Used Aquarium - Buy or No

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dancaraya

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Want to upgrade to a larger aquarium - found a reasonably priced one on Craiglist (Aqueon Products - 40gal breeder) - BUT the person selling it said that it was used to house a hedgehog.

I'm a bit hesitant to buy a tank that used to have a live mammal in it...should I go for it? The price is really tempting...

I don't see why not! You would have to clean it throughly anyway being that it was used. Vinegar and warm water will kill any bacteria that could still be in there :)

Petco is also having its dollar per gallon sale starting April 2nd, from what I've heard, so if you're worried about a hedgehog having lived in there, maybe buying a new one for a great price would be another alternative. :)
If you do buy the used one, just make sure to clean it out really well.

Petco is also having its dollar per gallon sale starting April 2nd, from what I've heard, so if you're worried about a hedgehog having lived in there, maybe buying a new one for a great price would be another alternative. :)
If you do buy the used one, just make sure to clean it out really well.

I confirmed that they are having the sale - thanks for mentioning it!! :D

Back
Top Bottom