Very small tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jrdpitt46

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I cycled a 20 gallon tank with 3 very small tiger barbs. I want to use the 20 for my breeding kribensis pair. My question is do you think the very small tiger barbs will be accepted in my 46 with 5 much larger tiger barbs or should I just leave them in the 20 with the kribensis? I wanted to keep the kribensis by themselves to be with their fry. They already had 2 batches that of course didn't make it in the community 46.

I've not added smaller barbs to a larger fish but have done it regularly in my mixed tetra tank, I quite like having a variety of sizes together, and the small fish immediately mix in with their larger tank mates. It's interesting that within a few minutes they have distinguished between themselves and the other tetra species (I keep about 7 species). There has never been any bullying and the larger the shoal the better they behave together so maybe your 3 small barbs would like to be in with the others.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom