What colour is sand from the amazon river?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still looking but from google image it looks like they have all different colors

The amazon river contains brownish grey sand with a mixture of smaller grains along with larger gravel type stones. Maybe do 4 parts sand with 1 part natural tan colored gravel.

The amazon river contains brownish grey sand with a mixture of smaller grains along with larger gravel type stones. Maybe do 4 parts sand with 1 part natural tan colored gravel.

I was going to do two inches of fine gravel on the bottom for plants to root in and a inch layer of sand on top of that.

Depends on the actual location but typically brownish greyish orangish like the color of the water you see on tv. The soil has a lot of clay in it. I would say a natural tan sand is your best bet.

Depends on the actual location but typically brownish greyish orangish like the color of the water you see on tv. The soil has a lot of clay in it. I would say a natural tan sand is your best bet.

Is play sand natural tan. Would white river sand be too bright?

Back
Top Bottom